Monday, February 28, 2011

Comics, Pokemon and Rock 'n' Roll

Hello blog. It's been a while since I've had something to write that wasn't some self-indulgent thinking spell. Thank God.


Anyways, I'll start with something really lame. Pokemon. (I wish I could do the e with a line properly...) A few weeks or something ago, Aimee gave me a copy of pokemanz on her usb (the cap of which is probably being gnawed on by a cow in Batangas. Sorry, Aims!) It brought back lots of awesome memories of me playing pokemon. Only now, made more fun thanks to the spacebar which skips all the boring shit like walking. My journey through pokemanz was not at all smooth. The first time i tried it, I was all excited about the killer set of Pokemon I had devised. Then all that disappeared when the file was deleted. I think it was because I fumbled with the fucking load and save. I saved when the game started. Which meant the previous file on that slot was deleted... Lost forever to random ones and zeros...


In case this is obscure to you, saving on an emulator is different from how you save the file on the game itself. On an emulator, you save from any point during the game including the title sequence. I made the dumbass move to save during the title sequence...


On to something slightly less childish and a little more geeky. Webcomics. Not really webcomics. More of a Fil project. Not even my own Filipino Project. The same friend who lent me the usb whose cap I have lost and left susceptible to possible viral infection, had just recently been commissioned with the task of doing an epic comicstrip on the lives of Soaperman and Sipilyo Ranger. I'm not going to get into the details of the story (though I assure you it is filled with educational value and women's feelings). What I will talk about however is artistic direction. Tried my hand at helping out with the storyboard of the comic. It was loads of fun. The story went from a legit children's comic to something peppered with slightly more mature themes.


I use mature loosely.
Moving on to the last thing on the title,  Dark Shore rocked Health Sci night. We were bitchin'. I can say we because my guitar was totally heard (I was afraid it wasn't). That night we did a cover of You Give Love a Bad Name.  It was epic. Everyone else that night did acoustic things or pop things. We shattered the trend. Don't even get me started on the lights. The lights. The stage. The smoke machine. Kick ass. As lame as it sounds coming from the guy who played second guitar to someone like Jules Balmaceda, that night was awesome. I'm glad we played that night. If the rest of Dark Shore is listening,  thanks guys. ಥ_ಥ

(When I get some of the pics back. Or the vid. I shall post.)

1 comment: