Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Shiny Teeth and Me (terrible) *and other things*

Fuggin' got a wisdom tooth extraction.

I apologize for the title of my blog.

That's the upper one.
The dentist got the two from the right side of my mouth. So now, my face is slightly swollen and I am confined to having only chocolate milk and sherbet for my nutrition. That part totally sucks balls.

The operation itself was rather unpleasant. It was not excruciating. But whenever the dentist dug into my jawbone with his drill to get to the embedded tooth, I could still feel it in my jaw. That part was a little scary because I kept imagining what if he snaps my jaw in half.

Evolution totally screwed us over in this respect.

Moving on.

Before this whole dental surgery thing Aimee and I went over to Greenhills for some birthday walking around! First we snacked on some food at the foodcourt. Lucky for us (or maybe just me) Aimee chanced upon a simple stall that sold kwek-kwek and other delicious streetfoods! YEAH!!!

I never get to eat any of this kind of food so it was a welcome treat for me. And when I saw that they had 1 day old chicks, I was like "AHAAWWW YEAHHH." Aimee and I were just talking about how she's never had that before and how weird it was to eat an whole baby chick. I'm guessing because she feels sorry for them.

On that note, Aimee protested against the selling of chicks in front of her old high school. She told me that they were dipped in coloring and kids would buy them and toss them around and torture them. I wonder if these chicks are given a nice clean death before they're dunked into the deep fryer... Yeah. I suppose they die faster this way.

Anyways.


We blasted through a quick order of kwek-kwek which is quail eggs fried in orange colored flour. Here's a file photo.


Derishash. Holololololol...
This is making me hungry... And all I can have is liquids... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

...

After the kwek-kwek we decided to try some of the chicks. Aimee was totally grossed out by them. She talked to me about how she hated the taste of the chicken heads that I made her try. Chicken heads are fuckin' delicious by the way. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Upper left: Fried Balut, Lower right: 1-day old chicks
As you can see, we also tried some fried balut, something that I have never had before. Man, I love trying new foods.

So for the taste... They tasted great. Real chewy and the marinade made it taste gooooood. It tasted just like chicken and did not feel as bony as one would expect. The stomach part of the chick tasted a little bitter but I didn't mind. I ate everything from the head to the feet. Deep frying everything made that possible. And with that vinegar sause... mahaaaaaaan oh man. So good.

Aimee on the otherhand, did not find it as good as I did. She bit off the head and ate everything else but the feet. She liked it though. So she tells me... Haha.

Man this is making me hungry for more.

This stall was really handy. Food was very very cheap but tasted great! Perfect for 15 minute breaks at the office or something!

After snacks, Aimee and I headed off into the 2nd hand PS3 game store. It's where I buy all my games since  all of them are damn expensive.

Even there I buy the relatively cheap ones. The cheap one here being Little Big Planet 2. I remember when the trailer came out and I was like, "wow..."

It took me 2 years to buy it since it's release... I am a cheap mofo...

Aside from the game shopping Aimee and I went around looking at clothes. More correctly, she looked around for clothes while I graciously accompanied her. I'm not complaining. That wasn't bad at all. But I did make this face when she said that she wasn't really going to buy anything... >8U

My mom used to take me to malls and do that. Make me sit down on the fuckin' bench while she tries on shoes and clothes. And I was bored to death. I had to make time go by. And my brain would wander into weird places among the patterns of clothing and wooden panels on the shelves... It is so weird when you look into patterns and you think about what it would be like if they were their own separate world...

Anyways, she did find a shirt to buy. So it's all good. 

I also finally bought myself a copy of Dead Space. I never finished the game myself but I loved the atmosphere in the game. It reminded me of Event Horizon. Only problem is, the game can get a little too scary.

Fuckin video games.

2 comments: