Monday, January 24, 2011

The Chillest Weekend Ever and Other Thoughts

This past weekend has been the chillest in a long time. Absolutely no homework or schoolwork done. It probably has much to do with the fact that math midterms has just blown by and I feel like I deserve to give myself some time to prep and relax before I see my terrible math grade. Sort of like when Filipinos beat the living shit out of a chicken before cooking it.

That chicken sure looks relaxed.

Why am I writing a second blogpost right after i had just accomplished one just yesterday? Probably because I wanted to hear myself think. Or read myself think. But then again, maybe the real reason why I'm writing is because I want to have something to look back at in the future. Somehow leave my mark. I've kept diaries journals before when I was a kid but I could never find it in myself to look back and re-read the entry. I put too much of myself into the diary and it exposes too much of myself to myself. This way at least I can keep some sort of record of my life and not have to see the bare thought on paper.

* * *

I have this fear. I like to talk about religion. At least for a little while. But even I get tired of talking about it. People usually get tired before me. My friend Jules told me that I was just joining the bandwagon when I argue about religion. He says that it's easy to argue against something that you can't prove. Jokingly, I remarked that it was way cooler to argue against how math works. He thought I was serious and he agreed. Goddamn Balma.

* * *

Earlier today, I was having a conversation with Aimee about what a guy like me can do with his life. Here's a list of things I might enjoy doing for a living.

1. Writer of erotic fiction

2. Doctor at a hospital in Boracay

3. Traveler

4. International Businessman

5. TV documentary show host

None of those seem too plausible. I don't wanna get a real job. Or work for a boring ass company. Or become a slave to money. I want to see the world. My mother did that when she was younger. She was a flight attendant and she went all over the world with friends. I'd listen to her crazy adventures as a kid and wait for her flight back just to get to the chocolates and toys she'd be bringing. It seemed like an amazing way to live. Which might explain why this was my list before I ended high school.

1. Pilot

2. Zoologist

3. Doctor

4. Lawyer

5. Writer of TV commercials

Basically, anything but businessman.

That does bring up an interesting thought though. Number five. Creativity. Money. Convincing people. Embellishing. That does sound like fun. It's a thought that I haven't visited in a while... Who knows. This could be a turning point in my life. I'll discuss this some other time. Until then, hello future me.

3 comments:

  1. Erotic fiction writer is totally plausible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not with mangina stuck in my head. :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought that down on yourself.

    And how'd you fix the hyperlink!? :O

    ReplyDelete